As part of my commitment to Florida Bay, I promise to do the following:
- Act responsibly on the water when fishing, boating and diving.
- Keep informed about important citizen action opportunities to restore the Everglades and Florida Bay by monitoring this web site and receiving Restore action alerts via email.
- Communicate the importance of Everglades and Florida Bay restoration to elected officials.
- Reduce my use of fertilizers, non-biodegradable detergents and other chemicals that enter the Bay through stormwater runoff, septic tanks, and washing boats and automobiles.
- Make my yard environmentally friendly and reduce my household water consumption by planting native plants that are drought tolerant and need no fertilizer. Keep shorelines naturally vegetated; trim plants at the water’s edge minimally to provide natural filtration and storm stabilization.
- Pick up pet waste regularly so that it does not wash into the Bay and contribute to water quality problems.
- Use reusable shopping bags, beverage bottles, etc. to reduce the use of plastics and other wastes near our coastal ecosystem.
- Share this website and your knowledge about protecting Florida Bay with others.